Preparing for your Branding Session | South Florida Branding Photographer
CHOOSING A LOCATION
Before you start considering locations for your session, take the time to think about what your average day looks like. Remember that you want to give potential clients and audience a look at a day in your life so your photos need to tell that story. You may even find that you don’t need to look very hard or far for the perfect location either as your office or backyard might be all you need. Using props to bring your workspace to life is a simple way to create a great setting for your shoot. Consider some of the coffee shops, hotels, studios or co-working spaces in your area for ideas. Always opt for a location with as much natural light as possible as this makes for the best shots.
5 WAYS TO USE PROPS IN YOUR PHOTOS
1. Props can be used to bring in your brand colors. Cushions or pillows on a couch or different color files, notebooks or pens are just some examples of how you can incorporate pops of color. If you’re incorporating any electronics such as your phone or laptop, you could get a cover that matches your brand as a way to feature your brand colors.
2. Props can be used to help personalize your photos. Incorporate items that help showcase what you do during the day. A funky planning board is a good example.
3. Props can also be used to create a connection with a potential client. Showcasing certain books on your desk or coffee table featuring titles that resonate with your audience is one such prop idea.
4. Add a few personal touches to your workspace to give clients an idea of what you’re all about. Flowers, a camera or a passport (if you love to travel) could work really well for this.
5. Detail shots such as a close up of your hands typing on your laptop or of your coffee mug next to your laptop are also some popular prop ideas.